Is your iPhone microphone not working? This is how to fix it permernetly without any dime stress. A lot of people making use of iphone, are all over the internet searching for to fix iphone or iPad microphone not working. Not everyone thought, practically those that are experiencing such ussui in their phone. You and I know that iphone is a veev strong phone, and doesn’t develop such issue easily.
Nevertheless, if you’re among those searching for how to fix iPhone microphone not working, definitely this article will give you a complete guide. So, search no further and take your time to go this article and understand how to do it the right way.
How to do if the microphones of your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch do not work, quickly solve and solve annoying problems with the microphone. There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to talk on the phone and your iPhone’s microphone doesn’t work. If the other person is unable to listen to you, your calls are not feeling well or Siri cannot understand your commands, here is how to solve the problems with the microphone of your iPhone and make it work again.
Why Your iPhone, iPad, And iPod Touch Microphones Don’t Work
There are many reasons why your iPhone’s microphone may not work. The problem could be with the Bluetooth or the app, your iOS is not updated or something is blocking or interfering with the microphone preventing it from working normally.
iPhone Microphone Not Working? This is How To Fix It Permernetly
These solutions apply to all iPhone and iOS models and versions, including iPhone 5, iPhone 6 / 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 8 and later. Try these steps as they are in order.
- Restart your iPhone. Restarting your iPhone can help you solve many problems, including problems with the microphone.
- Verify that the microphone is not blocked. All iPhones have at least three microphones. Check the openings of the lower (primary), front and rear microphone to make sure they are not covered, blocked or obstructed in any way.
- Remove the screen protector and/or case. Even if the screen protector or case is not blocking the microphone openings, they can still interfere with the microphone. Try removing it and see if that fixes the problem.
- Disconnect any accessories. Disconnect all the accessories (Bluetooth headsets, earphones, headphones, etc.) connected to the phone and try using the microphone again to see if it works.
- Try a new headset. Defective or inexpensive headphones are often guilty when a microphone is not working. Try using a new earphone or a pair of earphones and check if the problem has been resolved.
- Restart the messaging apps. If your microphone doesn’t work with apps like WhatsApp and Skype, try closing the app and reopening it.
- Give microphone access to apps. If you’re using an app like WhatsApp, FaceTime or Skype, make sure the app has permissions to access the microphone. To do this, go to your Settings iPhone, tap on the app to view the settings, and make sure the microphone is turned On.
- Clean the microphones. Check if the microphone openings are blocked by fluff or dust. If so, you can use a dry, clean toothbrush to gently brush the opening. Do not shoot compressed air into a microphone opening at close range, as this can damage the microphone.
- Test your microphones. Testing microphones individually will help identify and/or rule out problems with any specific microphone.
- Main Microphone: Tap the Voice Memos app from the main screen of your iPhone. Touch the Record icon to record your voice. Stop recording and play it back. If you can hear your voice, this indicates that the microphone is working.
- Front microphone: tap the Cameraapp from the main screen of your iPhone. Choose the Video option and tap the record icon (in the selfie view) to record your voice. Stop recording. Go to the Photos app to play the video. If you can hear your voice, this indicates that the front microphone is working.
- Rear microphone: tap the Cameraapp from the main screen of your iPhone. Go to the video option and tap the Record button to record your voice. Stop recording. Go to the Photos app to play the video. If you can hear your voice, this indicates that the microphone is working.
If if the microphones of your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch don’t work, go to the next steps.
Fix Your iPhone Microphone Not Working During Call
- Update your iOS. Sometimes an obsolete iOS can interfere with the correct functioning of the microphone and updating the iPhone iOS can solve the problem. To check if your iOS is updated, go to Settings of your iPhone> General> Software update to check for the latest updates and install them.
- Restore default settings on iPhone. Unexpected changes to the settings can cause the microphone to stop functioning. You may be able to solve it by restoring the default settings of your iPhone. Making a restore does not erase any data (except Wi-Fi passwords), but always back up your iPhone before performing a restore, in case you want to restore your old settings. Don’t choose Erase all content and settings, as this will remove all personal content from your phone, including contacts, apps, photos, music, credit cards and more.
- Contact Apple for assistance. If all this failed to get the microphone working on your iPhone, contact Apple iPhone support. If your iPhone is covered by warranty, Apple can help you fix the problem or replace the phone. Alternatively, you can request iPhone support, free or paid, depending on the warranty.
Sometimes iOS updates have bugs that can cause hardware problems with the phone. If the microphone stopped working after an update, contact Apple support.
Hopefully you find this article “iPhone microphone not working? This is how to fix it permernetly” helpful? If you encounter any challenges along the line, do not hesitate to let us know.